Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Developing and presenting proposals and / or business plans
- Conducting or overseeing needs business analysis, feasibility studies, cost / benefit analysis of requests for applications, information systems or related application
- Taking responsibility for the security, planning, design , acquisition, implementation and integration of new or changed administrative systems software
- Eliciting business and system requirements through conducting or leading interviews, group (focus) meetings, workshops and job shadowing
- Documenting analysis, using cases and scenarios following standard best practices and then developing effective workflow/process flow diagrams to identify improvement opportunities
- Working closely with functional areas, to optimize business processes and systems to improve departmental as well as cross-departmental functions
- Providing direction and hands-on expertise for business process analysis and design
- Ensuring effective integration with existing applications, data, and hardware or providing recommendations to integrate
- Providing advice, training, and support to staff on use and application of system software
- Providing direction and assistance to managers regarding system processes, reporting, and system integration
- Interacting with a variety of internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization both technical and non-technical
- Documenting customer requirements with the understanding of the requirement weighting, researching and analyzing vendor solutions, and making contrasts and comparisons of vendor solutions against customer requirements (to build in house option)
- Working with the business areas in support of understanding project methodologies to enable operational readiness
- Successfully completed a three year postsecondary diploma / degree in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to commerce, business administration, science, engineering, or process engineering
- Five years of experience in a similar role where duties included facilitating, developing and implementing business process redesign projects, specifically in business process mapping, analysis and design
- Experience in applying change management strategies in large, complex organizations
- Experience applying continuous quality improvement methodologies
- Experience in project management and group facilitation
- Experience in relationship building and team leadership with the proven ability to work effectively with staff in diverse business processes and to build and maintain constructive relationships throughout the organization
- Experience preparing written materials to communicate concepts, plans and results to various audiences (i.e. proposals, briefings, reports, articles, newsletters, etc.)
- Analytical skills related to business process improvement, organizational performance, and financial information
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills
This position is open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.