Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Providing academic leadership and direction to the faculty and staff in order to ensure a strong team environment and culture that fosters creativity, innovation, excellence, continuous improvement and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Conducting curriculum review processes and facilitating the on-going review of existing programs
- Initiating, facilitating and actively participating in the development and implementation of new academic programs to reflect market changes and the employment needs of industry, and that will enhance student experience and increase enrolment
- Ensuring program outcomes are achieved through effective leadership and supervision of the teaching and learning processes
- Establishing positive relationships with internal (faculty, staff and students) and external (industry / sector representatives, professional associations) stakeholders
- Working collaboratively in the development and implementation of the academic area’s operational plan in alignment with the academic direction and Georgian’s strategic plan
- Recruiting, hiring and evaluating all faculty and support staff
- Ensuring that faculty and staff assignments are consistent with college policies, procedures and collective agreements
- Initiating problem solving processes for disputes involving staff, faculty and students
- Oversight of the operations and financial oversight of programs and resources to ensure fiscal responsibility and accuracy in developing, monitoring, and reporting
- Responsible for managing the health and safety program maintenance in the academic area (e.g., training, SOPs, documentation)
- Attending Advisory Committee meetings, facilitating and / or chairing committees that involve college-wide and / or campus initiatives
- Representing the Dean, as necessary, at designated events
- Assisting as necessary with the implementation of special projects across the portfolio
- Programs in this cluster includes full and part-time nursing programs, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing (Collaborative Degree)
- RPN to PN Bridge, Collaborative Degree
- Practical Nursing, Diploma
- Personal Support Worker
- Part Time Specialty Programs such as (RPN Refresher, Acute Complex Care for Internationally Educated Nurses)
- Master’s in Nursing, or related field will be considered, with advanced nursing credentials and/or Doctorate degree an asset
- Must possess, and maintain, current registration, in good standing, as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Progressive academic and teaching experience in post-secondary education environments
- Experience in teaching, training and curriculum development
- Leadership experience in Nursing and strong connections to and awareness of the emerging trends and issues in nursing practice, education, regulatory and professional landscape
- A track record of effective team work, and interprofessional collaboration
- 7 years of related administrative experience, or a combination of post-secondary teaching experience and progressive work experience
- Experience with academic processes and procedures (including curriculum development, teaching and learning styles and techniques, complaint procedures, program reviews, collective agreements, etc.)
- Project management experience with demonstrated analytical and organizational skills to be able to manage multiple projects in an effective and timely manner
- Superior communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills in order to build and cultivate relationships with a variety of stakeholders and manage difficult situations with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to identify, address and resolve problems or conflicts in an efficient and diplomatic manner
- Experience developing, managing and monitoring budgets
- Demonstrated community connections and networking experience
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially in a unionized environment
- Ability to lead effectively in organizational change management
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.