Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Overseeing the day to day operations of the TFC and TLC as the Manager on duty by:
- Assisting with scheduling student service staff taking availability (i.e. academic timetables / commitments) and volume peaks into consideration and making scheduling adjustments as required to ensure operations are fully staffed on a daily basis
- Assigning table sections, cleaning, or other duties to student service staff ensuring they are trained and capable of performing the work assigned
- Providing ongoing communication with student service staff to ensure they are provided with the information they require regarding operational issues (i.e. sanitation, customer service, etc.) to succeed in their roles
- Providing hands on training with student service staff to ensure they are able to meet high volume service needs while following safe work practices
- Reviewing menus with the management team and providing feedback
- Working with the management team to assist with ordering front-of-house products / supplies as required
- Ensuring safety and sanitation standards are being met which includes reviewing equipment for maintenance / cleaning needs
- Using a Point of Sale System (Micros) to take payments, prepare deposits, and perform closing and balancing transactions
- Inputting, tracking, and calculating daily sales, labour control, costs of goods, and sales projections
- Ensuring efficient service methods are utilized and a high standard of customer service is maintained
- Providing hands-on assistance with the front of the house as required
- Recommending changes / improvements to the operations as required
- Providing assistance with catering events by:
- Participating in the planning and execution of catering events
- Training and overseeing catering staff during the event
- Providing hands-on assistance at the event if needed
- Preparing and providing catering quotes and invoicing for clients
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field of study
- Certification in Smart Serve and WHMIS
- One year of current experience in a hands-on front of house management role in a large high volume / fast paced a la carte restaurant
- Experience supervising and training staff
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to build and foster a strong and positive team culture
- Experience with catering events
- Experience ordering products/supplies with a solid understanding of restaurant food costing and sales projections
- Experience using a Point of Sale system (preferably Micros) to take payments, perform daily cash balancing, and prepare deposits
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Standards and Regulations
- Demonstrated ability to use a solution focused problem solving approach when faced with conflict or difficult situations
- Effective communication (written, listening, and oral) skills
- Ability and availability to work non-traditional hours (days, evenings, and/or weekends) in order to ensure management coverage of all events and operating hours of the TLC
This position is open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.