Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
Reporting to the Senior Presidential Advisor, Government Relations the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Office of the President. Administrative services are mainly focused on managing the President’s calendar, liaising with the President’s contacts, acting as recorder for College Council meetings, responding to inquiries, and editing correspondence and reports on behalf of the President. Confidentiality, conflict resolution, time management and follow-up skills are necessary. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing the President’s schedule by maintaining a daily appointment calendar, arranging meetings, arranging attendance at events, and coordinating travel/other arrangements when required
- Liaising with a wide variety of corporate and community stakeholders, as well as the senior management team in coordinating the President’s calendar
- Assisting with the preparation of College Council meeting agendas, assembling meeting packages, acting as recorder, preparing and distributing minutes of the meeting and ensuring follow-up of action items
- Maintaining SharePoint sites where all Council meeting materials and information is stored and accessed by Council members
- Acting as initial point of contact for Office of the President answering the phone welcoming visitors, screening and referring walk-in visitors/telephone inquiries to proper areas, taking messages, relaying messages, and providing information
- Ensuring filing system is maintained, sorting & prioritizing mail, assisting with financial information including monitoring of President’s budget and reconciling credit card statements, maintaining and updating contact lists
- Acting as main point of contact in the President’s Office for all IT related matters, including supporting electronic devices and a/v equipment in President’s Office
- Supporting the Senior Leadership Team by assisting the Senior Presidential Advisor with SLT meeting agenda preparation, uploading meeting and minute packages to electronic meeting site, and maintaining SLT SharePoint site
- Assisting the Senior Presidential Advisor in the planning, organization and execution of events hosted by the President, as necessary
- Acting as Health and Safety lead by arranging inspections, following up on reports and ensuring all action items are tracked and completed in a timely manner
- Assisting Senior Presidential Advisor with budget by acting as lead for financial system, producing reports, tracking and monitoring accounts and ensuring discrepancies are resolved
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies
- Successfully completed a two year postsecondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include but is not limited to Executive Secretarial or Business Administration
- Two years of experience in similar role
- Experience providing committee and meeting support
- Computer skills and experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and SharePoint
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals with diplomacy, maturity, and tact
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment prone to interruptions
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills with the ability to make day-to-day decisions as required
- Excellent client service/public relation skills
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.