Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Acting as first point of contact for student and client inquiries (in person, email and telephone), the incumbent provides clear and accurate information in a courteous and professional manner
- Working collaboratively with the Associate Dean and Program Coordinators to provide students and faculty with information on programs, policies, and procedures and / or to make referrals to appropriate resources
- Providing daily administrative support to the office of the Associate Dean (i.e. drafting correspondence, minute taking, maintaining contact lists)
- Assisting the Associate Dean with execution and follow-up on program / project initiatives (i.e. compiling information or filling in templates for review, coordinating with stakeholders in other departments, checking on status of requests and action items on behalf of Associate Dean’s office)
- Preparing for and implementing program requirements to meet College set deadlines of submissions (i.e., book lists, registration, surveys, etc, and for Scholarship Show, etc.)
- Assisting with orientation of new faculty, including computer, phone, photocopier, mail, and email systems
- Communicating deadlines for submission of mid-term grades to faculty and assisting with determining student eligibility for the Annual Scholarship Show
- Taking responsibility for organizing and ordering office supplies, as well as assisting with loading and maintaining of photocopiers
- Organizing and coordinating the logistics for program area and Advisory committee meetings, including agenda planning, room set-up, minute taking, generating and distributing minutes, maintenance of membership lists, organizing catering orders, and drafting action item follow up as appropriate
- Working under the direction of the Associate Dean / Dean / coordinators / faculty, coordinates logistics and details of Special Event functions to ensure success
- Providing assistance to the program for promotional and retention activities (i.e. Open House, Orientation)
- Tracking and recording attendance for all full-time (FT) and non-full-time (NFT) faculty and staff in People Soft
- Successfully completed a one year postsecondary certificate in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to office administration or business
- Two years’ experience in an office environment providing administrative and general office support (i.e. ordering office supplies, faxing and photocopying, etc.)
- Experience providing committee support and taking minutes
- Experience in a frontline customer service role that required problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with data entry and pulling reports from a database
- Computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) to answer inquiries, and prepare and maintain information (i.e. contact lists, correspondence, etc.)
- Communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to answer inquiries and draft documents
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask to provide day-to-day support while meeting special project deadlines
- Ability to be accurate and detail oriented in order to compile / organize information, take minutes, prepare reports, and input data
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Experience in an academic institution using a student information system (preferably Banner) is an asset
- Experience using an HRIS system (preferably PeopleSoft) is an asset
This position is open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.