PT Faculty - Business Analysis and Assessment I and II
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The School of Business, IT and Management
Requires Part-time Professors – Business Analysis and Assessments I and II
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PART-TIME FACULTY APPLICANTS
Part-time recruitment is ongoing and is dependent on when courses are being taught and the need for faculty to teach.
Part-time faculty teach up to 6 hours per week with varied schedules Monday through Thursday between 8:00 am and 9 pm and Fridays between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm.
For more information about the different courses available, please look at the link to our School: "School of Business, IT & Management”
Business Analysis and Assessments I and II
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The School of Business, IT & Management requires a part-time professor to teach Business Analysis and Assessments I and II in the Data Analytics for Business Decision Making Graduate Certificate program.
In Business Analysis I, students are introduced to fundamentals for strategy and business analysis best practices, approaches, and principles, for identifying and securing market and organizational opportunities. They will assess how data analysis and analytics are used in needs analysis, opportunity identification, business problem solving, improvements, leadership ethics, and business stakeholder communications.
In Business Analysis II, students will deepen their perspective understanding in strategy and business analysis best practices for identifying and securing market and organizational opportunities. They will conduct research and assess how data analysis and analytics are used in needs analysis, opportunity identification, changing culture, changing business models, corporate politics, and strong business stakeholder personalities. Students will recommend approaches based on organizational needs, business stakeholders, and corporate culture.
The responsibilities of Durham College Part-time Professors include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning, manage and post grades, and deliver hybrid and on-line courses;
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team, and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- A relevant Master’s degree (relevant PhD is an asset).
- Experience with BABOK methodologies
- International Institute of Business Analyst (ECBA, CCBA, CBAP) an asset
- A minimum of three years of recent (within the past three years) and relevant work experience.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level with a demonstrated understanding and application of Universal Design for Learning and current assessment methodologies.
- Experience participating in industry-led or community-based applied research is an asset.
- Demonstrated use of current technologies to support student learning and the management of grades.
- Proven track record of life-long learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including students, faculty, support staff, administrators and community stakeholders.
- Understanding of the Ontario college system.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ont.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. The competition number is PT-BITM-79
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type