Professor - Computer Systems and Information Systems Security
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The School of Business, IT and Management
Requires a Full-time Professor
Computer Systems and Information Systems Security Programs
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The School of Business, IT and Management requires a full-time professor to teach in the following areas as a part of Computer Systems/Information Systems Security programs:
- Data Communications and Networking Courses
- Network Monitoring and Penetration Testing
- Hacking and Exploits
- Business Contingency Management
- Business Processes and Security Policies
- Law and Ethics
Candidates must be available to teach Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The responsibilities of Durham College Professors include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning, manage and post grades, and deliver hybrid and on-line courses;
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- A relevant Master’s degree (Computer Science, Information Technology). A relevant PhD is an asset.
- Some or all of the following certifications would be an asset: Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- A minimum of three years of recent (within the past three years) and relevant work experience.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level with a demonstrated understanding and application of UDL and current assessment methodologies.
- Experience participating in industry-led or community-based applied research is an asset.
- Demonstrated use of current technologies to support student learning and the management of grades.
- Proven track record of life-long learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including students, faculty, support staff, administrators and community stakeholders.
- Understanding of the Ontario college system.
For more information on the required professional development for all new full-time faculty, please see the following website: Teaching Skills and Abilities
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide a 20-minute teaching demonstration. Details will be provided when interviews are scheduled.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ont.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on September 30, 2018. The competition number is AC18-23.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type