Part- Time Facilitator - Medical Cannabis
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The School of Continuing Education
Requires Part-Time Course Facilitators
Medical Cannabis Courses
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Important note for part-time course facilitator applicants:
Part-time recruitment is ongoing and is dependent upon when courses are being taught and the need for course facilitators to teach. For more information about the different courses we offer, please review the link to our School: “School of Continuing Education”.
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The School of Continuing Education requires part-time course facilitators to deliver the course Medical Cannabis Fundamentals for Business Professionals. Please note that this two-day course is offered on weekends, and is delivered in-person at our Oshawa campus (these classes are simultaneously broadcast to remote participants). Each facilitator will deliver a maximum of one course per month.
The responsibilities of Durham College course facilitators include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning as well as managing and posting grades;
- Remaining current with the rapid pace of change in the cannabis industry and updating course content appropriately;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, as well as with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in the medical cannabis industry in Canada;
- Holds an undergraduate degree (or higher). In addition, a Bachelor or Master of Education and/or professional development in the field of education are considered assets;
- Formal teaching experience, either at the post-secondary level or within a corporate environment, with the demonstrated application of adult educational principles and teaching/assessment methodologies;
- Superior skills in the areas of verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent coaching/feedback skills;
- Solid track record in meeting deadlines and prescribed quality standards;
- Adept in the use of technology in general, with strong skills in PowerPoint, Word and Zoom (or similar video conferencing tool)
- Self-motivated and independent worker who also functions well in a team environment;
- Committed to life-long learning;
- Understanding of the Ontario community college system.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work/teaching experience.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ont.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Friday, April 13, 2018. The competition number is PT-CON-ED-45.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type