Part-time Records Management Teaching Position in the Library and Information Technicician Program - School of Business, IT & Management
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PART-TIME FACULTY APPLICANTS:
Part-time recruitment is ongoing and is dependent on when courses are being taught and the need for faculty to teach.
Part-time faculty teach up to 6 hours per week with varied schedules Monday through Thursday between 8:00 am and 9 pm and Fridays between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm. Please note that part-time Faculty for the School of Skilled Trades, Apprenticeship & Renewable Technology “START” must be available as of 7:00 am rather than 8:00 am.
For more information about the different courses available, please look at the link to our School: "School of Business, IT & Management”
Durham College is seeking experienced and motivated professionals who share our commitment to quality and student success. The School of Business, IT & Management requires part-time Professors to teach Records Management in the Library and Information Technician Program.
The responsibilities of Durham College Professors include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning, managing and posting of grades.
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- ARMA certified records manager OR
- Records management certificate from an Ontario college OR
- Master of Library Science or LIT diploma and completion of records management courses through continuing education through ARMA or at the university or college level
- Three to five years of recent and relevant records management work experience;
- Good understanding of corporate/private as well as government records management needs, and would be up to date on current laws and legislation.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level with a demonstrated application of adult educational principles and teaching/assessment methodologies;
- Use of technology to support student learning and managing grades;
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Committed to life-long learning;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Track record in meeting deadlines;
- Self-motivated and independent worker who also functions well in a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders including students, other faculty members, support staff, administrators, other departments within the College and with external partners;
- Understanding of the Ontario community college system;
- Interest and/or experience in conducting research.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and work/teaching experience. A demonstrated track record of the aforementioned professor responsibilities is a significant asset.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ont.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type