Part-Time Professor - Structures
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PART-TIME FACULTY APPLICANTS:
Part-time recruitment is ongoing and is dependent on when courses are being taught and the need for faculty to teach.
Part-time faculty teach up to 6 hours per week with varied schedules Monday through Thursday between 8:00 am and 9 pm and Fridays between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm. Please note that part-time Faculty for the School of Skilled Trades, Apprenticeship & Renewable Technology “START” must be available as of 7:00 am rather than 8:00 am.
For more information about the different courses available, please look at the link to our School: "School of Science & Engineering Technology”
Durham College is seeking experienced and motivated professionals who share our commitment to quality and student success. The School of Science & Engineering Technology requires part-time Professors for the Architecture program in the following subject:
The responsibilities of Durham College Professors include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning, managing and posting of grades.
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students and the program team.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- Three year diploma in Architecture.
- A relevant Master’s degree (relevant PhD is an asset). A professional designation is an asset.
- A minimum of three years of recent (within the past three years) and relevant work experience.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level with a demonstrated understanding and application of Universal Design for Learning and current assessment methodologies.
- Experience participating in industry-led or community-based applied research is an asset.
- Demonstrated use of current technologies to support student learning and the management of grades.
- Proven track record of life-long learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including students, faculty, support staff, administrators and community stakeholders.
- Understanding of the Ontario college system.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and work/teaching experience. A demonstrated track record of the aforementioned professor responsibilities is a significant asset.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ont.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type