- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The School of Continuing Education reqires a
part-time fixed term Multimedia Developer
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Continuing Education, the Multimedia Developer will work closely with the Director of Program Quality and Development and the Instructional Designer to support the creation of high-quality learning objects for a range of asynchronous online courses. The Multimedia Developer will work 15 hours per week, at an hourly rate of $24.00.
The responsibilities of the Multimedia Developer include, but are not limited to:
- Produce original video, learning objects, course materials, graphics, and animations to be embedded within the D2L (Desire2Learn) learning management system;
- Implement the principles of Universal Design for Learning during development of materials;
- Ensure that all multimedia assets have the proper level of accessibility as required by AODA and other eLearning quality assurance standards;
- Ensure all materials are compliant and follow copyright law.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- Minimum of three year diploma/degree in Multimedia and/or Web Development;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in multimedia design and a solid background in advanced video production and design;
- Technical capabilities including: experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Learning Management Systems (D2L), Camtasia, Articulate (360, Storyline), advanced knowledge of video and audio creation;
- Experience and creativity in multimedia layouts and design, knowledge of colour and design theory, and graphic design techniques, including very advanced level of HTML expertise;
- Experience in corporate training and development a significant asset;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, good time and project management capabilities;
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and participate in consultative decision making;
- The demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting deadlines.
Successful applicants will display evidence of their experience through a presentation of their digital portfolio. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work experience.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ont.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on September 28, 2018. The competition number is SP18-18. We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type
- 24.00 - CAD