Cannabis Program Development Manager
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Cannabis Program Development Manager
One year contract position
$82,788 – $103,485
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
The School of Continuing Education (CE) is pleased to offer a remarkable opportunity for an industry expert with management level experience in the Canadian cannabis industry. Reporting to the Dean, School of Continuing Education and working on a full-time one-year contract, the incumbent will be responsible for managing all aspects of the School’s cannabis program and courses. Collaborating closely with a number of instructional designers, other members of the Durham College team and a variety of external cannabis industry experts, the incumbent will manage and directly contribute to the development of a series of cannabis courses. All of CE’s cannabis instructors will report to the incumbent. In addition to this, the incumbent will prepare regular updates on the cannabis industry, identify new educational and business development opportunities in the sector, and will contribute to various education-related projects and events. As a member of the CE leadership team, the incumbent will also contribute to strategic planning within the School. The position will be based at the college’s Oshawa campus; however, occasional travel to offsite locations (which will require a car) will be necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead instructional designers, developers, multimedia experts and external industry experts, in producing a range of top quality courses specific to the Canadian cannabis sector.
- Assist the Dean with new business development activities specific to the cannabis sector.
- Provide support as needed to the Cannabis Industry Program Advisory Committee.
- Develop and participate in a variety of cannabis-related projects and events, as identified by the Dean. (Note - such events may sometimes take place outside normal working hours.)
- Continually scan the industry to identify emerging educational opportunities as well as competitive activities, and develop appropriate reports and recommendations for the Dean’s review.
- Conduct regular course reviews to identify content updating requirements as well as opportunities for the introduction of innovative approaches that will make the course(s) stand out in the market.
- Maintain a current, highly in-depth knowledge of the industry and its associated legislation.
- Participate, as a member of the senior CE leadership team, in the development and implementation of School strategies.
- Hire and manage CE’s cannabis instructors.
- Manage the cannabis program budget.
- An up-to-date knowledge of the Canadian cannabis industry (with a particular emphasis on Ontario) that is both broad and very in-depth is essential.
- A Bachelor’s level (or higher) degree in Business, Healthcare, Law or a related field is required.
- A minimum of seven years of management experience, including a minimum of two years direct experience working in the Canadian cannabis industry at a managerial level (ideally, in a licensed production facility). A solid understanding of Good Production Practices as they apply to the cannabis industry is also extremely valuable.
- Experience/formal education in the field of adult learning is a definite asset.
- Strong strategic and operational planning, people management, and budget management skills are required.
- Exceptional skills in the areas of creativity, critical thinking, analysis, problem-solving and research, as well as the ability to work quickly and accurately under the pressure of tight deadlines and challenging workloads.
- The incumbent must be a strong relationship-builder with excellent communication skills and be adept at speaking in public.
- Ability to work very effectively with a team, but also to work independently and proactively.
- Highly flexible and adaptable, with an enthusiastic and energetic attitude.
- Very strong computer skills.
To apply, please submit your resume below on-line.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work experience.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ont.
Please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Job Competition closes at 4:00 p.m. on September 14, 2018. Competition number ADP18-04.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type
- 82,788.00 - 103,485.00 CAD