- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
COMPETITION NO. SS18-59
NEW POSITION (X) FULL TIME (X)
REPLACEMENT () PART TIME ()
Salary: Starting Rate: $24.63; Four Year Rate: $28.55
Hours: 35 hours per week (1) one hour lunch; Mon – Fri (8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
Reporting To: Dean
Campus Location: Oshawa
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support to the Dean and to Managers as needed.
- Schedule in-coming international delegations, and outgoing Durham College delegations for the Dean and as needed by Managers
- Prepare work schedules for work study students ensuring that the reception area is covered as much as possible during office hours
- Assist with training of work study students
- Schedule, prepare agendas and record minutes of meetings as directed by the Dean.
- Book rooms for meetings as directed by the Dean, and on an as needed basis for International staff members
- Coordinate travel plans for the Dean, and assisting managers and staff as needed
- Information collection/alignment and prepare reports particularly regarding Internationalization and Global Engagement Plan/Committee and ALT.
- Create Standard Operating Procedure and flowcharts for staff as directed by the Dean, and maintain an up-to-date job duties list for all staff members within the International department
- Follow up with Human Resources as needed regarding job postings, performance reviews, and new and renewal contracts
- Liaise with the Executive Assistants and Administrative Assistants across the college, and other stakeholders as directed, regarding the Dean’s schedule,
- Create and maintain paper and e-filing system for office
- Organize and maintain records according to Records Information Management and FIPPA compliance while overseeing the proper disposal of highly sensitive/confidential student records in accordance with the SSC’s record archiving plan.Submit and follow up on Service and IT request
- Assist with ordering of supplies, equipment, furniture, etc.
- Represent the International Education department in a professional manner.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate coverage of the front reception area
- Respond appropriately and with sensitivity to in-person, email and telephone inquiries from students, partners and agents where language and cultural differences are the norm.
- Assist with answering the main phone line to the International Office
- Monitor international inboxes
- Provide information and support to international students interested in or currently studying at Durham College and Durham College students interested in DC education abroad activities.
- Support and assist during orientation events as directed by the Dean and managers
- Provide referrals to students as appropriate.
- Respect confidentiality of student information (verbal and written).
- Two year diploma or equivalent in office administration
- A minimum of 2 years office administration experience preferably involving international clientele.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software i.e. MS Office Suite, word processing, spreadsheets, online resources, internet research.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills (verbal, written, and electronic).
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience in recording and producing quality meeting minutes.
- A background in the use of Banner and FAST would be an asset.
- Experience in an academic environment would be an asset.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ont.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on September 18, 2018.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type