3 Year Contract
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Grants Coordinator
Summary of Functions
Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We have a good employee benefits program. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension fund. We have flexible work hours for many positions. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll have free access to our parks and discounts on recreational equipment rentals. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
Summary of Functions
The position, which reports to and is under the supervision of the Specialist, Corporate Engagement, is responsible for coordinating and managing CVC Foundation’s Grant Management Program. This position is responsible for grant research, grant writing, grant reporting and managing a portfolio with annual revenues. This position is also responsible for providing administrative and data management support to CVC Foundation staff.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in a related educational field
- A minimum of three years of experience in grant research, writing and reporting
- Ability to develop and produce grants and other proposals
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Database management skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare project budgets
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Knowledge of grant funding policies and procedures
- Knowledge of provincial, federal and/or community funding sources and mechanisms
- Strong self-starter who works well independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork skills
Summary of Major TasksGrants Management
- Conducts and facilitates the research and identification of funding prospects and opportunities.
- Coordinates the planning and preparation of all grant proposals for CVCF / CVC.
- Serves as a liaison between CVCF staff, CVC staff and granting agencies in the preparation of grant proposals and reports.
- Coordinates and compiles all components of each grant submission, ensuring that the proposal is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with granting agency requirements.
- Advises and/or assists CVC staff as appropriate in the formatting and preparation of grant documentation ensuring that the development of grant proposals are effective.
- Responsible for communicating to CVC staff by providing advice and guidance to them on the application of grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Maintains specialized databases and systems for recording and tracking grant proposals, awards, and related statistical information.
- Creates and distributes grant reports, summaries, and analyses, as required.
- Develops and maintains a library of reference documentation to support grant proposals.
- Monitors and coordinates the administration of post-award grants to ensure that budgeting and administrative policies, procedures, and agency requirements are being followed; manages administrative problems and/or budget changes occurring during the awarded granting period
- Provides administrative and data management support for CVC Foundation.
- Prepares financial records and allocation in accordance to the finance division’s requirements
- Other duties and projects as appropriate to the position.
- Anticipated Start and End Dates:
- January 7, 2019 - January 7, 2022 (35 hours/week)
- Annual Salary Starting At: $53,914
Salary starting at: $53,914
Forward resume by October 31, 2018 to:
Credit Valley Conservation
Fax: (905) 670-5613 or Email: email@example.com
Please quote "Grants Coordinator" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.Apply for this job