Customer Service Representative, Conservation Parks – Island Lake, Orangeville
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Customer Service Representative, Conservation Parks – Island Lake, Orangeville
Summary of Functions
Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension fund. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
This position provides excellent customer service and administration of full conservation area program and operations at CVC’s Island Lake Conservation Area for the fall fishing and recreation program. This position will operate from the gatehouse and/or rental centre, with limited work on the trail systems.
- Must possess a valid class “G2” driver’s license in good standing. Successful candidate will be required to provide a MTO Driver’s Abstract;
- Ability to easily engage with the public and staff both verbally and in written correspondence;
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions and be available to work all weekends and holidays;
- Strong communication and customer service experience;
- Cash handling experience;
- Comfortable approaching and conducting interviews with conservation area visitors;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and an aptitude for learning new programs;
- Knowledge of fishing techniques and species;
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification;
Summary of Major TasksPerform the following tasks under limited direction:
- Safe operation and inspection of office equipment at the Island Lake gatehouse or rental centre;
- Answer a high volume of calls in order to reserve facilities and equipment, answer inquiries, and provide guidance for visitors;
- Correspond with staff and visitors by personal and mass emails and letter writing;
- Collect accurate data, including customer information and postal codes;
- Approach and engage trail users to collect information;
- Operate a cash register, handle cash and multiple forms of payment. Be responsible for accurate end of day reports and settlement;
- Be knowledgeable about all CVC Conservation Areas and surrounding communities in order to inform visitors;
- Maintain a good relationship with Conservation Area Members, community groups and partners;
- Work effectively alone and during non-daylight hours;
- Perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Anticipated Start and End Dates:
- Full Time: August 15 or as soon as possible to October 21 (35 hours per week)
- Part Time: September 3 to October 21, 2018 (20-35 hours/week)
Salary starting at: $14.14 per hour
Forward resume by August 15, 2018 to:
Credit Valley Conservation
Fax: (905) 670-5613 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "Customer Service Representative, Conservation Parks – Island Lake, Orangeville" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.Apply for this job