Associate, Events & Donor Communications
1 Year Contract
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Associate, Events & Donor Communications
Summary of Functions
Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We have a good employee benefits program. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension fund. We have flexible work hours for many positions. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll have free access to our parks and discounts on recreational equipment rentals. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
Summary of Functions
The position, which reports to and is under the supervision of the Specialist, Corporate Engagement, is responsible for coordinating and implementing all Credit Valley Conservation Foundation events and meetings. This position is responsible for providing logistical and administrative support for meetings and all fundraising events. This position is also responsible for providing communications assistance. This includes internal and external communications, publications, social media and web content and some media relations.
- Post-secondary education in Event Planning, Marketing, Communications or Journalism
- A minimum of one to two years of in special events or communications planning
- Experience working in a charitable fundraising environment (preferably with an environmental/conservation emphasis) with a focus on large scale charitable events (galas, athletic/sporting events, etc.)
- Experience creating marketing and communications materials with a fundraising focus
- Volunteer coordination or supervision experience an asset
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, some weekends and overtime
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong self-starter who works well independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork skills
Summary of Major TasksEvents and Meetings
- Work with CVC Foundation staff, board members and volunteers to develop, manage, deliver and evaluate meetings and fundraising events
- Coordinate event and meeting logistics with venues, vendors, attendees, guests and volunteers
- Oversee event and meeting registration and serve as the primary contact for participants and supporters. This includes database management and mail-outs
- Responds to enquiries from the public about events, as required
- Responsible for providing logistical and administrative support for:
- departmental, board, committee and donor meetings
- workshops and cheque presentations
- all fundraising events including the Conservation Gala, Canoe the Credit, Island Lake Bass Derby and an annual Donor Appreciation Event
- Coordinate all aspects of volunteer coordination for events and event committees, including: recruitment of volunteers; selection; placement; orientation; training; communication; and stewardship.
- Provides assistance to volunteer(s) for special event duties.
- Prospect research and solicitation of donations for fundraising events
- Assist with financial administration of events and meetings
- Provide communications assistance for internal and external publications, including the preparation of social media and web content
- Creates, prepares, and distributes meeting and event materials
- Assist with preparing and distributing the CVCF Annual Gratitude Report and board and donor communications
- Provide administrative support, record keeping and data management support as assigned
- Tracks events information, invitations and participant lists in a database
- Creates, prepares and distributes donor correspondence including thank you letters and e-newsletters
- Other duties and projects as appropriate to the position.
- Anticipated Start and End Dates:
- January 7, 2019 - January 7, 2020 (35 hours/week)
- This position generally works 35 hours, Monday to Friday, with occasional overtime to assist in emergency situations.
Salary starting at: $49,419
Forward resume by October 31, 2018 to:
Credit Valley Conservation
Fax: (905) 670-5613 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "Associate, Events & Donor Communications" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.Apply for this job