Resource Interpreter – Christmas Town
Conservation Halton’s Christmas Town Resource Interpreters possess a keen interest and/or experience in educational and entertaining program delivery. They report to the Coordinator – Education Programs and are responsible for the delivery of Mountsberg Conservation Area’s popular Christmas Town program.
We are searching for individuals brimming with the Christmas spirit to provide lasting memories for families at Mountsberg’s popular Christmas Town event. Christmas Town is a magical experience that includes a visit to our Elf Academy and Gingerbread House, a wagon ride through the winter woods, hot chocolate and cookies in Mrs. Claus’s Kitchen, and a personal visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus in their country cabin.
The secret ingredient to making Christmas Town magic happen for over 9000 people each year is our people. Our warm and friendly team works together to make Christmas magical for children of all ages and abilities.
- Deliver entertaining Christmas themed programs for organized groups and the public;
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of various customer services
- Maintain program equipment & supplies, existing and seasonal interpretative displays, signage, and brochures;
- Related site projects and maintenance duties;
- Perform related duties in other Conservation Halton parks, as required and directed by park manager;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Proven commitment to providing superior customer service;
- Experience in interpretation, outdoor education or theatre an asset;
- Enjoys working in an outdoor setting;
- Able to adapt to the daily challenges associated with this busy seasonal program;
- Able to develop, foster and sustain effective working relationships with other Conservation Halton staff.
- As this position involves working directly with young children, a satisfactory criminal reference check will be required.
Compensation and Hours
- Start Date of November 5th, 2018
- $14.46 per hour to start
- 10 - 35 hours per week
Please note: This position involves working scheduled hours that are primarily on weekends, and evenings with some weekdays.
At Conservation Halton, we offer a robust total rewards package, including:
- Generous discounts on Conservation Halton services, food and merchandise
- You will join the organization at one of the most exciting times in our 60 year history
- You will have the opportunity to work with a solutions-focused team, and to develop your skills
Our Core Values
Be Respectful: Respect one another, celebrate diversity, and embrace new ideas.
Be Adaptable: Change is constant. Channel your passion, be innovative, and focus on results.
Be Collaborative: Share your knowledge, listen to understand, and always communicate clearly.
Be Sustainable: In everything you do, think conservation.
Be Accountable: Uphold your integrity, demonstrate measurable progress, and strive for excellence.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday October 12th, 2018 at 11:59pm
You application should include:
1. Your resume in a pdf document
2. Reference your name and the position title in the subject line
3. In the body of your email, please indicate where you heard about this opportunity
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Conservation Halton is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
← Return to Employment Opportunities