Job Title: Professor, Sales and Business Development
Competition #: 18-441
Department: School of Business & Hospitality
Posting Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2018
Closing Date: Sunday, October 21, 2018 (midnight)
Vacancy Type: Academic-Full-time
Full-Time Faculty Position
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes and an engaged college community.
The School of Business is currently seeking a qualified professional to join the School of Business team as a Professor of Sales and Business Development. Under the direction of the Chair, the Professor is responsible for providing the delivery of curriculum, development of an effective learning environment for students, and academic leadership:
- Designing, updating, and delivering a variety of courses, including project courses
- Defining, evaluating, and validating program and course learning outcomes
- Developing alternative delivery strategies, and online course development and teaching as required
- Ensuring program and course curriculum are current, relevant and reflective of best practices in the field
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and evaluating student progress and achievement
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment which supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds, and learning styles
- Participating in department, portfolio/school and college-wide activities/task groups as required
- Working in a collaborative, collegial manner both within the department and across the college
- Development of industry partnerships, and collaboration with industry partners
- Fulfilling responsibilities as defined in the Academic Employees Collective Agreement
- Masters degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum seven (7) years related experience in B2B sales. Sales Management is an asset.
- Minimum three (3) years post-secondary level teaching experience
- Experience with curriculum development
- Working knowledge of CRM software, such as SalesForce, is required.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, social selling is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g. D2L) is preferred
- Demonstrated exceptional presentation, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an academic team
- Demonstrated ability to relate to learners and providing a positive learning environment to students working at different skill levels including international students and students requiring accommodation is an asset
- Strong commitment to academic excellence and student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Strong relationships with industry contacts and network connections is an asset
Successful applicants will be required to commence employment in August 2019.
Note to applicants: This program also requires a contract role for Curriculum Development on a six-month basis as an immediate start. Please see other postings for specific information and requirements.
Apply to this competition | Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.Apply for this job