Job Title: Coordinator, Perioperative Nursing Program
Competition #: 18-356
Department: School of Health & Life Sciences
Posting Date: Thursday, August 9, 2018
Closing Date: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 (midnight)
Vacancy Type: Academic-Part-time/Contract
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
The School of Health & Life Sciences is currently seeking a qualified professional to join the Perioperative Nursing program team as a part-time coordinator at our Doon campus in Kitchener. Under the direction of the Associate Chair, the coordinator is responsible for program planning, supporting students, and program review.
Interested applicants must be available for a minimum of 6 hours/week.
- Registered Nurse, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of 3 years perioperative nursing experience is required
- Adult or post-secondary level classroom teaching experience is preferred
- Experience in program coordination an asset
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g. D2L) is preferred
- Exceptional presentation, communication, organization, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an academic team
- Able to create and maintain a positive learning environment which supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds and learning styles
- Strong commitment to academic excellence and student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
Apply to this competition | Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.Apply for this job