- Job ID
- # Positions
- Resp Therapy
- Job Type
- Part Time
- Closed Date
We are a large acute care, community hospital serving Cambridge, North Dumfries and the Region of Waterloo with 280 physicians, 1100 full- and part-time professional health care staff and more than 400 active volunteers. Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people, with an emphasis on giving patients and their families an exceptional experience when they visit our hospital. With help from our Foundation partners and our supportive community, we purchase over $4 million of medical equipment each and every year to help ensure you will work with the best tools possible when caring for your patients. In collaboration with universities and colleges, we are also a teaching and placement site for medical, nursing and allied health programs. To learn more about Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH), please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
You will join CMH as we embrace a new era of care, expanded services and innovation. Construction is underway of a modern 5-storey tower and total renovation of all existing inpatient care and clinical support areas. Upon completion, our new hospital will contain:
- Patient care areas that are doubling in size, including larger surgical suites to accommodate advanced minimally invasive surgical equipment and an Emergency Department with dedicated treatment areas for mental health and different surgical subspecialties
- A patient-centred building design that promotes healing and intuitive wayfinding, while maximizing natural lighting and sight lines to the natural beauty of the Grand River
- An increase in beds from 143 to 197 to accommodate expanded services like Surgery, Mental Health and Intensive Care. About 80% of inpatient rooms will be single occupancy to meet the latest infection control and building code standards for hospitals
Registered Respiratory Therapists at Cambridge Memorial Hospital are integral members of critical care, pulmonary diagnostic and general clinical practice teams. Responsibilities include but are not limited to initiation and maintenance of adult, pediatric and neonatal mechanical ventilation (conventional and non-invasive), ABG collection, radial arterial line insertions, bronchoscopy assistance and critical care transports of patients to tertiary care centers. RRT’s are members of the cardiac arrest team, provide support to the OR’s through anaesthetic gas machine checks, and perform ECG’s. The physical demands of the job may include but are not limited to prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, pushing, pulling and lifting. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be a member in good standing of the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- Current membership in good standing with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists and Respiratory Therapy Society of Ontario
- Current BCLS certificate required
- Current experience in Critical and Acute Care Hospital environment required
- Current experience with infant support required
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT) training required
- Must be an extremely motivated individual, with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet workload requirements
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.