Director, Diagnostic Imaging
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Closed Date
We are a large acute care, community hospital serving Cambridge, North Dumfries and the Region of Waterloo with 280 physicians, 1100 full- and part-time professional health care staff and more than 400 active volunteers. Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people, with an emphasis on giving patients and their families an exceptional experience when they visit our hospital. In collaboration with universities and colleges, we are also a teaching and placement site for medical, nursing and allied health programs. To learn more about Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH), please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance and Corporate Services as Director, Diagnostic Imaging, you will join CMH as we embrace a new era of care, expanded services and innovation. Construction is near completion on a modern 5-storey tower and total renovation of all existing inpatient care and clinical support areas will begin shortly. Completion of our brand new hospital is set for 2021 and will include:
- Patient care areas that are doubling in size, including larger surgical suites to accommodate advanced minimally invasive surgical equipment and an Emergency Department with dedicated treatment areas for mental health and different surgical subspecialties.
- A patient-centred building design that promotes healing and intuitive way finding, while maximizing natural lighting and sight lines to the natural beauty of the Grand River
- An increase in beds from 143 to 197 to accommodate expanded services like Surgery, Mental Health and Intensive Care. About 80% of inpatient rooms will be single occupancy to meet the latest infection control and building code standards for hospitals
The Director, Diagnostic Imaging (DI) is an integral member of the leadership team, providing operational leadership, patient focused services and management for Diagnostic Imaging services. This role provides strategic and operational leadership within the department including staff; patient and quality care issues and facilitates the management of fiscal, human and material resources assigned to the program.
The primary accountability is to ensure that Diagnostic services are provided in an efficient and effective manner in alignment with CMH strategic priorities and standards of care with a focus on the clinical expansion facilitated by the Capital Redevelopment project. Innovation, resilience, stellar communication skills, multi-tasking, and detail orientation are some of the key attributes that are essential to be successful in our fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for the Ultrasound, CT, Nuclear Medicine, X-Ray, MRI, Mammography, OBSP, BMD, PACS/RIS and DI Clerical staff
- Provide leadership for patient experience, quality, risk and safety within the program areas
- Interpret corporate patient experience data and lead associated initiatives
- Develop and promote strategies for effective and efficient resource utilization
- Contribute to corporate planning, projects, policy setting and quality improvement activities
- Establish and maintain external/internal partnerships and linkages
- Act as the CMH Leader for regional DI initiatives
- Member of the Functional Advisory Committee of the LHIN 3/4 Diagnostic Imaging repository (DI-r)
- Oversee human resource management including performance management and the mentoring and coaching of staff
- Promote the development of leadership skills and capabilities within the program areas
- Analyze and interpret statistical data and monitor quality, workload measurement, performance indicators and benchmarks to help deliver appropriate and cost effective patient care
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with Radiologists and referring Physicians
- Build team cohesion by leading the management of change and disseminating and promoting an understanding of corporate mission, values and goals
- Lead DI team through large scale capital redevelopment project
- Prepare the annual capital equipment budget in consultation with key stakeholders
- Oversight of financial management including budget development (capital and operating) and accountability for departmental budget and variance analysis
- Responsible for DI equipment procurement processes
- Oversee compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements related to practice standards and patient safety and ensure the implementation of improvement strategies as required
- Ensure a safe environment for patients, staff, physicians, students and visitors
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Health Care Degree required
- Master’s preparation preferred
- Member of a relevant College (i.e. CMRTO)
- Minimum of 5 years recent management experience in a hospital setting in Diagnostic Imaging is required
- Proven experience in the collaborative development and execution of business development strategies is essential
- Experience managing healthcare service delivery redesign projects
- Demonstrated commitment to patient care and customer service excellence founded on patient safety and continuous quality improvement
- Must possess a high degree of skill in negotiating, problem solving, conflict management, and communication.
- Exceptional analytical, statistical analysis and information-seeking skills are essential
- Ability to work with a diverse group of leaders and a track record of building and maintaining strong working relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong change management skills and experience
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.