Diagnostic Imaging, Clerk
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Job Type
- Closed Date
We are a large acute care, community hospital serving Cambridge, North Dumfries and the Region of Waterloo with 280 physicians, 1100 full- and part-time professional health care staff and more than 400 active volunteers. Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people, with an emphasis on giving patients and their families an exceptional experience when they visit our hospital. With help from our Foundation partners and our supportive community, we purchase over $4 million of medical equipment each and every year to help ensure you will work with the best tools possible when caring for your patients. In collaboration with universities and colleges, we are also a teaching and placement site for medical, nursing and allied health programs. To learn more about Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH), please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
You will join CMH as we embrace a new era of care, expanded services and innovation. Construction is underway of a modern 5-storey tower and total renovation of all existing inpatient care and clinical support areas. Upon completion, our new hospital will contain:
- Patient care areas that are doubling in size, including larger surgical suites to accommodate advanced minimally invasive surgical equipment and an Emergency Department with dedicated treatment areas for mental health and different surgical subspecialties
- A patient-centred building design that promotes healing and intuitive wayfinding, while maximizing natural lighting and sight lines to the natural beauty of the Grand River
- An increase in beds from 143 to 197 to accommodate expanded services like Surgery, Mental Health and Intensive Care. About 80% of inpatient rooms will be single occupancy to meet the latest infection control and building code standards for hospitals
The role of the Diagnostic Imaging Clerk is to support the entire Diagnostic Imaging team in their goal to provide the best possible patient care at Cambridge Memorial Hospital. Responsibilities will vary from working directly with patients to ensuring patient scheduling, preparation, registration and requisition management is accurate and complete.
- DI ( includes clerical functions for CT, MRI, X-Ray, Ultrasound, BMD & Mammography) patient reception and registration
- DI requisition management, including but not limited to, scheduling, patient screening, profiling and retrieving previous exams & preparation for prioritization
- Telephone reception for D.I.
- Other clerical support duties including CD burning from PACS, film library maintenance, retrieving x-ray films
- Verbal and written communication with patients, radiologists, technologists, referring physicians and their office personnel
- Other clerical and reception duties as required
The physical demands of the role may include but are not limited to prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling. This position requires reaching for, and lifting of, x-ray film files. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. This is a casual position to work days and evenings including weekends and weekend evening shifts. Some shifts are 4 hours, some shifts are 5.5 hours.
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 years current DI Clerk Receptionist experience is required
- 2 years current experience with Radiology module & CWS module of Meditech is required
- Experience with PACS access and CD burning from PACS is required
- Certificate in medical terminology would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organization and time management skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize in an environment with competing priorities is essential
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team is required
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to providing outstanding customer focused patient care is required
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.