Development Officer, Annual Giving
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Type
- Full Time Contract
- Closed Date
CMH is a large acute care, community hospital serving Cambridge, North Dumfries and the Region of Waterloo with 280 physicians, 1100 full- and part-time professional health care staff and more than 400 active volunteers. Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people, with an emphasis on giving patients and their families an exceptional experience when they visit our hospital. With help from our Foundation partners and our supportive community, we purchase over $4 million of medical equipment each and every year to help ensure you will work with the best tools possible when caring for your patients. In collaboration with universities and colleges, we are also a teaching and placement site for medical, nursing and allied health programs. To learn more about Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH), please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
You will join the CMH Foundation as we embrace a new era of care, expanded services and innovation. Construction is underway of a modern 5-storey tower and total renovation of all existing inpatient care and clinical support areas. Completion of our brand new hospital is set for 2019 and will include:
- Patient care areas that are doubling in size, including larger surgical suites to accommodate advanced minimally invasive surgical equipment and an Emergency Department with dedicated treatment areas for mental health and different surgical subspecialties.
- A patient-centred building design that promotes healing and intuitive wayfinding, while maximizing natural lighting and sight lines to the natural beauty of the Grand River
- An increase in beds from 143 to 197 to accommodate expanded services like Surgery, Mental Health and Intensive Care. About 80% of inpatient rooms will be single occupancy to meet the latest infection control and building code standards for hospitals
We engage with our community and raise funds as the lead champion of the Annual Giving Program at Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation (CMHF). This role will be tasked with applying creative energy to cultivate great relationships with new and mid-level donors through one on one conversation, direct mail, tribute and memorial giving, as well as donor stewardship that are second to none.
As a member of our dynamic CMH Foundation team, each day will require team work, attention to detail and collaboration to increase engagement and create the best possible outcomes for our stakeholders. Your expertise and experience will play a vital role in our success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop operational and financial plans for Donor Recognition and Annual Programs that align with the overall Foundation Strategic Plan
- Responsible for strategically driving the growth of the direct marketing portfolio including acquisition and stewardship
- Drive the expansion of the tribute, staff and monthly giving programs
- Maximize current programs and strategies and identify new innovative opportunities
- Manage consultant and supplier relationships to ensure goals and expectations are achieved
- Assist with the management of marketing channels to maximize donor relationships focusing on retention, stewardship and migration
- Develop and implement ideas using analysis and reporting tools to ensure accountability, informed decision making and information exchange within the team, across the organization and Foundation leadership, including the Board
- Contribute to revenue generation in programs outside of immediate portfolio by helping inform strategy and playing a role as foundation team member
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a donor-facing / client-facing role
- 2 – 3 years of project planning / coordination experience (A high level of computer literacy required – in particular PPT, Word, Excel)
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized
- Proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders, prioritizing and managing expectations internally and externally
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Maintains integrity and highly ethical standards
- A knowledge of budgets and how to reconcile
- Ability to take an innovative and inquisitive approach to discovering relationship links between prospective donors and Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation
- CFRE credential would be an asset but not required
- Mid-level systems knowledge of Raisers Edge fundraising software
- A driver’s license and occasional ability to work evenings and weekends is an asset
Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. all reasonable accommodation wil be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided,, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.