Clerical Associate, Emergency
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Type
- Part Time
- Closed Date
We are a large acute care, community hospital serving Cambridge, North Dumfries and the Region of Waterloo with 280 physicians, 1100 full- and part-time professional health care staff and more than 400 active volunteers. Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people, with an emphasis on giving patients and their families an exceptional experience when they visit our hospital. With help from our Foundation partners and our supportive community, we purchase over $4 million of medical equipment each and every year to help ensure you will work with the best tools possible when caring for your patients. In collaboration with universities and colleges, we are also a teaching and placement site for medical, nursing and allied health programs. To learn more about Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH), please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
You will join CMH as we embrace a new era of care, expanded services and innovation. Construction is underway of a modern 5-storey tower and total renovation of all existing inpatient care and clinical support areas. Upon completion, our new hospital will contain:
- Patient care areas that are doubling in size, including larger surgical suites to accommodate advanced minimally invasive surgical equipment and an Emergency Department with dedicated treatment areas for mental health and different surgical subspecialties
- A patient-centred building design that promotes healing and intuitive wayfinding, while maximizing natural lighting and sight lines to the natural beauty of the Grand River
- An increase in beds from 143 to 197 to accommodate expanded services like Surgery, Mental Health and Intensive Care. About 80% of inpatient rooms will be single occupancy to meet the latest infection control and building code standards for hospitals
As a key member of our team, the Clerical Associate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to: patient registration, accurately update demographic information, quality data entry for funding, verify and update medical insurance, collect payment for uninsured services, order entry, admit patients, transfer patients, referrals, release information to medical providers, collaborate with and take direction from disciplinary team, assist patients and families with questions and directions to enhance exceptional experience. The successful incumbent will have a proven track record in delivering excellent customer service. The scheduling requirement is a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, and statutory holidays. The physical demands of the role may include but are not limited to sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and bending. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors and must maintain strict confidentiality of all patient information in accordance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA).
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Successful completion of secondary school is required
- Minimum two years of current Patient Registration/Admissions experience, required
- Current experience in an Emergency Department required
- Medical Office Administration Program certificate required
- Medical Terminology Certificate an asset
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong keyboarding/data entry skills required
- Current experience in Meditech admissions and order entry is compulsory
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on quality customer service is essential
- Demonstrated organizational and record keeping skills with a focus on accuracy
- Attention to detail and proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proven decision-making ability, good judgment, and the ability to coordinate, prioritize and develop effective workflow methods
- Ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment with competing priorities, while demonstrating excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.