Supervisor, Facilities Services
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Facility Services Department currently has an opportunity for a
SUPERVISOR, FULL TIME
Non-Union 70 hours bi-weekly
Under direction of the Manager, Facilities Services and the Director, Redevelopment & Facilities, the Supervisor, Facilities Services supports the effective plant operations, maintenance services and ensures environmental safety as applicable for the Centre.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Collaborating with, and directing Facilities staff to ensure the timely resolution of complaints, risk reports and concerns from all stakeholders.
- Ensuring that work orders (PM) and service requests are completed in a courteous, timely, and efficient manner.
- Maintaining thorough knowledge of all locations of power, water, and gas turnoffs, plumbing cleanouts, fire extinguishers, and fire hydrants associated with each section of the Centre.
- Assisting as directed, with specification review, bidding and supervision of contracted services; provides cost estimates for Facilities department projects and submits them to the Manager, Facilities Services.
- Writing, updating, implementing and maintaining departmental policies and procedures.
- Participating in the plan, preparation, and review of operating and capital budgets and respective variances.
- Assisting in the development and implementing of long term infrastructure renewal programs.
- Identifying and following up on opportunities for continuous improvement, Lean and other quality initiatives in the department.
- Establishing work assignments for assigned Facilities Services; supports the Facilities Coordinator with staffing schedules and routines to ensure appropriate resources are available to meet service requirements.
- Regularly inspecting property for safety and maintenance problems; directs and or performs preventative maintenance, gardening work on grounds, makes recommendations regarding replacement versus repair, necessity of upgrading items, and cost of such supplies and equipment
- Respond to, and manage critical emergencies afterhours
- Ensure all annual mandatory education and training is completed by staff
- Oversee minor infrastructure improvement projects
- Carry out CQI (Continuous Quality Indicators) audits as determined by Manager, Facilities Services
- Performing cross-functional and other duties, as assigned and/or required.
Qualifications include but not limited to:
- Previous experience in a non-profit organization, particularly a complex health care facility (Hospital and/or Long-Term Care facility) is preferred.
- Proficient working with commercial hot water and steam boilers, Chillers and Air Handling Units
- Strong knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (‘CMMS’) preventative/demand maintenance systems.
- Strong knowledge of Building Automation Systems.
- Ability to read and understand architectural and engineering drawings
- Comfortable with Microsoft suite of software, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and presentation communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to manage competing priorities and balance multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (‘WHMIS’), Material Safety Data Sheets (‘MSDS’) and facilities services procedures and processes.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong understanding and demonstration of client relations
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: August 7, 2018
Posting # 18-0402
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type