- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
RESEARCH ASSISTANT – Level 1 or 2, TEMPORARY FULL TIME
Up to 70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union – 1 Year Contract
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function. The primary research focus is on memory and the executive functions of the brain, both in normal aging and in the presence of diseases and conditions which affect the brain, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists the research program staff with a number of responsibilities which may include: scheduling human subjects’ interviews, screening eligible research subjects, and administering neuropsychological assessments and various clinical rating scales.
- Assists in recruitment, maintaining subject records; database management and preparing data for presentations and peer-reviewed research papers.
- Scheduling and preparing for MRI or PET scans.
- Assists with Regulatory submissions, progress reports, and other administrative duties.
- Data entry and analysis, including behavioral, neuropsychological, and imaging data
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Minimum requirements are:
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve, and pay attention to detail.
- Level 1 - B.A. /B.Sc. in Psychology, Neuroscience or Health Sciences related discipline combined with at least one (1) year of relevant research or clinical experience.
- Level 2 - 4-year Honours Bachelor degree and 5 years’ experience as a Research Assistant, or a Master’s degree with a minimum two years’ experience in Psychology, Neuroscience or Health Sciences discipline
- Prior research or service experience with individuals and/or families with cognitive or mental health issues is required for this position.
- Proficiency with word processing, PowerPoint, Excel and other database software packages.
- Assets for this position include: Previous experience and training in administration of neuropsychological assessments and clinical scales.
- Experience conducting basic analyses using statistical packages (SPSS) and data interpretation.
- Experience analyzing functional or structural imaging data using SPM, PLS or or other software.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type