- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Memory Link Program currently has an opportunity for a
(Temporary Part-Time - 28 Hours Bi-Weekly)
Memory Link is an innovative memory intervention program at Baycrest providing training in mobile technologies to enhance independence and day-to-day functioning in clients with moderate to severe memory impairment.
The Research Assistant supports the Memory Link program. The role includes providing consultation, setup and troubleshooting of mobile applications to clients/staff, providing individual memory intervention sessions to clients as needed, and assisting with program evaluation research. The ideal candidate would have a background in psychology and have an interest in innovative applications of technologies and apps in a healthcare setting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researches phone plans for fixed income users
- Manages software updates for mobile devices
- Manages device backups for clients, if needed
- Gives local and remote (phone, web) assistance for technical issues
- Provides written follow-up afterwards, to ensure the client has a record of what was done
- Communicates information to clients and families in a way they can understand
- Discusses new plans and mobile devices with clients, looking at their needs
- Assists clients with purchases of peripherals (cases, app purchase cards etc.)
- Consults and researches information related to the technical aspects of ongoing mobile app developments underway at Memory Link
- Provides one-to-one individual memory intervention sessions in the use of mobile devices to clients with moderate-to-severe memory impairment. Training and supervision will be provided in Memory Link intervention protocols
- Complies with hospital policies and codes of conduct, including protection of personal health information. Orientation and training modules will be provided
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Undergraduate degree in psychology. Knowledge in neuropsychology is preferable
- Reliable with excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal abilities, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professionalism, attention to detail and outstanding patient skills
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to function independently and in a professional manner
- Highly motivated, with initiative and capable of multitasking
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: June 20, 2018
Posting # 18-0244
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type