Research Assisstant I
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
Research Assistant Level 1
70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union – 12-15 month contract
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function. The primary research focus is on memory and the executive functions of the brain, both in normal aging and in the presence of diseases and conditions which affect the brain, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Seeking hard-working and professional individuals to join our Cognitive Neurology /tDCS lab which focuses on prevention and treatment of dementia, under direction of Dr. Chertkow and Dr. Roncero. The individual selected:
- Will provide assistance in the realization of research projects.
- Under limited supervision, will be trained to use specialized knowledge to conduct experiments, analyze data and interpret results.
- Will provide support to laboratory members
- Will be working on research projects investigating the application of tDCS as a therapy for people living with Dementia as well as development of dementia prevention protocols.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Completion of a B.Sc. in Psychology, Neuroscience or Health Sciences related discipline combined with at least one (1) year of relevant research or clinical experience.
- Strong computer Skills: MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), as well as SPSS and Endnote helpful.
- Service experience with individuals with cognitive issues or elderly individuals.
- Experience administering and scoring standardized assessments is helpful.
- Experience with confidential information.
- Qualitative & quantitative research experience is preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Detail oriented, accurate, dependable and flexible individual, able to work independently and capable of multi-tasking.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: October 15, 2018
Posting # 18-0446
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type