Registered Practical Nurse, Future Opportunities
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Inpatient Behavioural Neurology Unit on 4 West, Hospital has an opportunity for
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE,
FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES FOR PART TIME & FULL TIME POSITIONS
Variety of shifts /potential to rotate (shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Service Wage Rate: $28.8904 – $29.3579
Inpatient Behavioral Neurology Unit on 4 West is a short stay secure inpatient unit for adults with neurologic compromises. It offers a specialized interdisciplinary service that focuses on diagnosis, assessment and treatment of complex neurological diseases and associated behavioural symptoms. The overall goal is to enhance the wellbeing of the client and improve their quality of life.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plans for, delivers and evaluates nursing interventions, including medications, as well as treatments which fall within the RPN’s scope of practice
- Provides client-centred care within interdisciplinary care team to meet the personal care, activation, recreation and spiritual needs of clients
- Collaborates with the Registered Nurse to develop and revise the individualized care plan
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario (‘CNO’) is required
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certificate, Level C - Automated External Device (‘AED’) is required
- Experience working with clients with cognitive impairment/dementia and experience working with clients who exhibit high intensity responsive behaviours preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type