Registered Practical Nurse
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Complex Continuing Care Unit on 5 West Hospital has an opportunity for a
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE,
TEMPORARY PART TIME
(Approximately 6 Months)
30 bi-weekly hours – Nights, including alternate weekends (shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Service Hourly Pay Rate: $29.2949 - $29.7689
Complex Continuing Care Unit on 5 West, provides care for older patients with complex medical conditions in a non-acute hospital setting. The Complex Continuing Care Program helps patients and their families identify strategies that support quality-of-life goals as well as short term and long term care needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plans for, delivers and evaluates nursing interventions, including medications, as well as treatments which fall within the RPN’s scope of practice
- Provides client-centred care within interdisciplinary care team to meet the personal care, activation, recreation and spiritual needs of clients
- Collaborates with the Registered Nurse to develop and revise the individualized care plan
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario (‘CNO’) is required
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certificate, Level C - Automated External Device (‘AED’) is required
- Experience in caring for geriatrics patients with complex medical care needs preferred
- Psychogeriatric experience, i.e. mental health assessment and intervention and working with responsive behaviours preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word, and Excel preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: September 25, 2018
Closing Date: October 4, 2018
Posting # 18-0424
Position # RPN102
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type