- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Long-Term Care Behavioural Support Outreach Team (LTC BSOT) has an opportunity for a
REGISTERED NURSE, TEMPORARY PART-TIME (APPROX. 9 MONTHS)
60 Hours Bi-Weekly – Days, including alternate weekends (shifts may be subject to change)
ONA Hourly Pay Rate: $32.21 - $46.11
As part of the Ontario Behaviour Supports System Project, Baycrest leads a Long Term Care Behavioural Support Outreach Team (LTC BSOT) supporting Long-Term Care (‘LTC’) residents presenting with responsive behaviours with a goal of assisting staff in stabilizing the behaviours. The PSW will travel to various Long Term Care Homes in the Toronto Central LHIN and work collaboratively with the inter-professional team to provide care to clients requiring behavioral support and their families.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides sound clinical knowledge and skills, acts as clinical expert and resource and provides comprehensive, quality client/family centred health care services from admission, through transfers and discharge
- Plans for, delivers and evaluates nursing interventions, including medications, as well as treatments which fall within the RN’s scope of practice
- Provides client-centred care within interdisciplinary care team to meet the personal care, activation, recreation and spiritual needs of a clients
- Assisting staff in other LTC facilities to understand and develop behaviour approaches to providing care to residents requiring behavioural support and their families
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario (‘CNO’) is required
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certificate, Level C - Automated External Device (‘AED’) is required
- BScN preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take professional accountability for leading, organizing, providing and delegating care activities for clients and families.
- Experience in Long-Term Care with clients in day programs or residents in a Long-Term Care and Community Setting preferred
- Certificate in Dementia Care preferred
- Training in Gentle Persuasive Approach and U-First preferred
- Psychogeriatric experience, i.e. mental health assessment and intervention and working with responsive behaviours including various types of dementia, delirium, mental health issues preferred
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to travel to different locations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, MDS/RAI, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: August 30, 2018
Closing Date: September 6, 2018
Posting # 18-0388
Position # RNR205
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type