Project Manager - Interprofessional Primary Care & Virtual Care Projects
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Ambulatory Services at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
PROJECT MANAGER – INTERPROFESSIONAL PRIMARY CARE & VIRTUAL CARE PROJECTS
TEMPORARY FULL TIME
70 HOURS BI-WEEKLY, NON-UNION
Our outreach and virtual care services are expanding through two exciting initiatives: the first is to grow our interprofessional outreach team to better attach North Toronto Sub-Region residents to an interprofessional primary care team, the second is to use telemedicine to provide rostered patients with 24/7 on-demand access to a prescriber. We require a temporary full-time project manager to drive these projects through user engagement, design, digital interface development, policy and process approval, first patient visits, and evaluation. At the conclusion of their contract the project manager will have delivered two new unique health services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project management for the full project life cycle including development of the project plan for the Interprofessional Primary Care Team and virtual care service.
- Work with the project lead to identify project tasks, schedule, resource requirements and budget.
- Collaborate with project steering and operating committees to complete projects on-time and on-budget.
- Liaise with partner project managers to ensure a coordinated approach.
- Assist the project resources in using an ‘experience-based design’ approach to ensure health services are patient-and-family centered.
- Incorporate patient/client/family/provider engagement strategies into the project plan.
- Work collaboratively with funders, vendors, project partners, primary care providers and other clinicians.
- Develop frameworks for project evaluation and monitoring, including indicator development and reporting
- Communicate and presents project plans and status reports to employees, senior executives and external partners.
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- University degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, Software Engineering, Design, or equivalent.
- Project Management Professional Certification is an asset.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a healthcare environment and/or software development environment with leadership and project management responsibilities.
- Experienced in projects that have included: clinical process analysis, identification of process gaps and deficiencies, and working with clinicians to develop and map improved workflow processes.
- Experience in developing mobile customer interfaces.
- Experience integrating different software products to the benefit of the user experience: electronic health records, telemedicine, mobile apps, e-learning.
- Superior, interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence diverse stakeholder groups.
- Strong communication (verbal & written), organizational, presentation and customer service skills and the ability to collaborate with diverse groups of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management (project planning, implementation, evaluation, risk assessment, benefits realization)
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: July 26, 2018
Posting # 18-0122
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type