- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Culture & Arts Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for an
PROJECT ASSISTANT, TEMPORARY PART TIME
(12 MONTH CONTRACT) 28 HOURS BI-WEEKLY, NON-UNION
The Arts and Health Program in the Department of Culture and Arts provides leadership in the development, implementation and integration of arts-based interventions through care, education and research across the centre and beyond.
The Project Assistant provides administrative and program coordination support to the Sharing Dance for Seniors Project. The project assistant will support the project lead in various aspects of program development, development of promotional content, social media development, information sharing, education and outreach and sales and coordination of training sessions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates project activities, including the development and packaging of the suite of dance programs offered to older adults
- Coordinates, outreach and administrative responsibilities related to the program.
- Develops and manages social media content as required
- Supports for coordination of research activities for the project including entry, conducts interviews, focus groups, field observations and surveys (some travel required)
- Assists the team with audio-visual and technology needs, such as setup projector/laptops/speakers
- Assists in the preparation, editing and proofreading of program documents (surveys, reports) and educational/PR materials
- Works collaboratively with teams across Baycrest and Canada’s National Ballet School
- Coordinates meetings and meeting minutes.
- Identifies and responds to problems in a timely and effective manner
- Attends team meetings and recording minutes.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in a related field (e.g., project management, business administration, health sciences, education).
- Experience with project coordination
- Research experience preferred
- Experience with e-learning platforms, articulate software, and learning management systems an asset.
- Strong library skills and computer skills in MS Word and Excel.
- Skills in designing and developing advertising material
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, and interviewing skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to prioritize workload and to flex time to meet project demands.
- Strong interest in gerontology and/or healthcare is an asset.
- Ability to work independently with supervision sought as needed.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, dependable and flexible.
- Highly motivated, with initiative and capability to handle complex tasks simultaneously.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: July 13, 2018
Posting # 18-0222
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type