Occupational Health Nurse
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Occupational Health & Safety has an opportunity for a
Registered Nurse, Occupational Health and Safety
Non Union, 70 hours bi-weekly
Occupational Health and Safety is committed to the health and safety of our employees, volunteers and students. Protection from injury or occupational disease is a major objective. We make every effort to provide a safe, healthy work environment; in turn, all employees, volunteers, students and contractors must be dedicated to the continuing objective of reducing risk of injury and workplace related illness. Health and safety is a shared commitment and the responsibility of all.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provides primary care and assessments for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illness
- Implements care plans with follow-up nursing care and referrals
- Provides case management of Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) claims
- Facilitates early and safe return to work
- Interprets and promotes compliance with government legislation
- Providing on-site employee health nursing care, immunizations, and health counselling
- Participates in occupational health and safety maintenance programs
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Current registration, in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario, BScN preferred
- Current COHN(C) designation preferred
- 3 to 5 years of occupational health experience preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to handle work with sensitive issues and protect confidentiality of medical information
- Sound judgement in the application of nursing and safety principles
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures, as well as occupational wellness programs
- Ability to do electronic charting, and database entry using Parklane Systems
- Computer skills and the ability to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: September 5, 2018
Posting # 18-0371
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type