- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Cultural Arts Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
MUSEUM COORDINATOR, 6 month contract
Special Project, ArtontheBrain
56 Hours Bi-weekly, Non-Union
The Department of Culture & Arts supports a holistic vision of health and wellbeing that embraces spirituality, innovation and the arts. We believe that tapping into creative potential improves physical and emotional health, increases feelings of confidence and self-esteem, enriches relationships, and strengthens morale for everyone, even for those individuals with significant cognitive impairment. This position will be working on the ArtontheBrain™ (AotB) project - a digital therapeutic intervention that uses visual art as a vehicle for mental stimulation, and socialization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researching images, writing curatorial descriptions and generating content for application games
- Managing content in CMS, ensuring proper nomenclature, copyright information listed
- Compiling and maintaining database of museums
- Obtains appropriate Usage Rights documentation for archival photographs, ensuring compliance with Copyright laws
- Contributing to marketing plan and digital media strategy for the commercialization of the app
- Create power point decks and press materials for research presentations and product pitches
- Works with ArtontheBrain research team to help with internal and external app dissemination
- Research and build database of music to license for second iteration of the product
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Master of Arts in Museum Studies/Art History/Art Education/English Studies/English is preferred
- At least 1-2 years of experience working at an arts- based organization required
- Above all else, this position is seeking an excellent content writer with impeccable grammar
- Articulate and exceptional verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Experience in a health-care setting an asset
- Knowledge of art history research databases preferred
- Able to communicate with and relate to diverse stakeholders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs required
- Social media and marketing experience is an asset
- Detail oriented and able to work independently
- Writing sample required
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: August 10, 2018
Posting # 18-0339
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type