- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Medical Services Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
MEDICAL SECRETARY, FULL TIME
70 Hours Bi-weekly
SEIU Clerical Pay Rate: $21.9143 – $23.8667
The Medical Services Department provides clients with timely, quality, evidence-based medical care, guided by the mission and principles of Baycrest and University, regulated by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care, to the standards set out by the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario, & within the Baycrest Medical Staff by-laws and Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation guidelines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Processes referrals, schedules and confirms client appointments, and completes referrals on behalf of clients, including laboratory investigations, diagnostic tests, consultations, and referrals to other specialists & clinics and the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC).
- Liaises with various doctor offices to ensure completion of referrals or to obtain other documents requested by the healthcare team
- Retrieving dictations, medical reports and other documentation and correspondence for assigned physicians
- Processes billings in accordance with the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (‘OHIP’) Fee Schedule
- Performs general administrative and clerical duties such as filing, reception, greeting patients, ordering supplies, arranging, organizing and coordinating meetings and appointments for assigned physicians
- Maintains Web CV and Academic Dossier for assigned physicians
- Provides support to assigned physicians in their respective administrative roles and roles as clinician teachers, coordinating teaching sessions, assigning patients, etc.
- Provides coverage for other secretaries during scheduled and unscheduled absences due to vacation, illness, etc.
- Provides coordination and support for residents and students as required
- Tracks referrals and tests and ensures results are received and filed in a timely fashion
Required Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary Medical Secretary Program or equivalent
- A minimum of two (2) years of related secretarial/administrative support experience
- Knowledge of and experience in OHIP billing
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and Medical transcription skills and a keyboarding speed of 65 wpm with a high degree of accuracy
- Knowledge of Medical Record and electronic medical records, Meditech, RGP and Med Base is an asset
- Experience in an academic health sciences centre an asset
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type