Manager, Fundraising Initatives
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Baycrest Foundation has an opportunity for a
Manager, Funding Initiatives, FULL TIME
70.00 Hours bi-weekly – non-union
The Baycrest Foundation raises funds to support Baycrest’s vision and mission to inspire investment in support of Baycrest Health Sciences by transforming the experience of aging through innovations in brain health, wellness and care.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Manager, Funding Initiatives that will report to the Chief Development Officer and work closely with the President & CEO. The Baycrest Foundation is looking for an experienced project manager with strong written and verbal communication skills to serve as a key link between the Baycrest Centre and the Baycrest Foundation -- with the overall objective of enabling and maximizing the impact of philanthropic investment and support.
This is a full-time position dedicated to developing and packaging the Centre’s program/capital needs and turning them into compelling donor asks. Manager, Funding Initiatives will need to possess, in equal measure, three distinct skill sets – business acumen, communications and project management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop an understanding of Baycrest strategic priorities in Care, Research, Education, Innovation, Capital Projects and Culture & Arts
- Participate in the annual planning process with both the Baycrest Centre and Baycrest Foundation
- Coordinate the process to identify and prioritize donor funding needs from a Foundation perspective
- Translate these funding priorities into compelling donor asks
- Present business cases to the Executive Team for any new project funding that is not already identified on the annual priority list
- Manage the workflow of the Graphic Designer / Proposal Specialist as it pertains to Major Gifts
- Ensure donations are successfully operationalized and reported on within the timeframe as outlined in gift agreement
- Populate the approved project database with new projects, and update the Major Gifts team regularly with up-to-date project lists
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Post-secondary school diploma in Project Management, Fundraising or related field
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Project Management, or related field.
- Highly motivated problem solver with excellent project management, time management and organization skills
- Strong collaborative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills and strong interpersonal
- Ability to work with executives, heads of departments and Foundation teams
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on tasks without full-time direction
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Advanced computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Adobe Suite an asset.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: June 20, 2018
Posting # 18-0261
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type