Manager, Facilities Services
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Facilities Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
MANAGER, FACILITIES SERVICES, FULL TIME
Under direction of the Director of Redevelopment & Facilities, the department is responsible to plan, direct, coordinate and evaluates plant operations, maintenance services, energy efficiency and ensures environmental safety for the Centre. The division is required to ensure that high quality services are provided in a timely and cost-effective manner, within the area of responsibility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages Facility Services staff to ensure a well maintained environment of care for our clients
- Develops a customer service environment, to ensure service excellence across the Baycrest campus
- Mentors and develop Facilities Services Staff
- Ensures all codes and standards for building maintenance are upheld
- Monitors department’s performance and ensures completion of the preventative maintenance program
- Develops and oversees budget to ensure it is used effectively and efficiently
- Negotiates terms and costs of contracts for services required to maintain the buildings
- Writes and reviews procedures manuals and set standards for quality of work
- Ensures proper inspections and operation of building equipment
- Ensures effective use of utilities (hydro, water gas and sewer systems) through an energy management program
- Regularly assess procedures and develop new initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of resources
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- University degree in Engineering, or Three-year community college diploma with associated trade license
- Professional Engineer or 2nd or 3rd Class Stationary Engineer
- Minimum 6 to 10 years of experience in related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
- Ability to read electrical, mechanical and control drawings; knowledge of building life safety systems, electrical systems, elevators, nurse call, medical gas and HVAC.
- Experience in operation of a central boiler and cooling plant
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Manage competing priorities with time sensitive deadlines
- Proven ability to lead in a unionized environment
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: August 7, 2018
Posting # 18-0401
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type