- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Environmental Services has an opportunity for a
Hours and/or shifts are not guaranteed and will vary based on operational needs.
SEIU Service Hourly Pay Rate: $21.8594 - $22.3012
The Environmental Services Department consists of Housekeeping, Linen and Laundry, and other Support Services, for our clients in the Hospital and Apotex.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Cleans carpets, including steam cleaning and shampooing
- Strips and waxes floors
- Operates the auto scrubber and burnisher
- Sweeps, washes and rinses floors
- Performs waste management functions
- Removes snow from around the Baycrest campus
- Performs work on a ladder
- Sweeps the grounds around the campus
- Relocates/moves furniture and set up for functions
- Washes walls
- Responds to Emergency Calls including; Fire, Spills, Smoke, Door and Elevator Alarms
- Adheres to infection control practices, policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- No previous experience is required
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member to accomplish daily tasks
- Physical fitness and the ability to lift maximum weight (23 kgs)
- Ability to work under extreme weather conditions (i.e. when removing snow)
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: October 15, 2018
Posting # 18-0439
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type