Governance & Events Coordinator
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Centre for Aging & Brain Health Innovation at Baycrest has an opportunity for an
GOVERNANCE & EVENTS COORDINATOR, FULL TIME
Non-Union – 70 Hours Bi-weekly
The Finance, Programs & Operations division supports the day-to-day organization, delivery and execution of governance, policies, finance, accountability agreements, and performance reporting, legal, IT, human resources and facilities within CABHI. This division maintains strategic and operational oversight of CABHI functions and personnel to ensure the highest level of efficiency possible within the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedules, coordinates logistics (room, catering, audio-visual equipment, etc.), prepares and distributes (agendas, materials, documents, minutes, letters, memos, presentations etc.) for committees (i.e. CABHI Board and Board Committees, Steering Committee, Innovation Advisory Council) and other meetings
- Coordinates transportation, meals and accommodations of non-local Board/Committee members and ensures members adhere to Travel and Expense Guidelines in effect
- Attends meetings, records minutes, consolidates all discussions from the meeting attendees and prepares minutes.
- Ensures the CABHI Executive is prepared for internal/external meetings, organizing and preparing relevant documentation
- Is first point of contact for all planning, scheduling, coordination, navigation and logistics pertaining to events within the CABHI space
- Works closely with Baycrest legal to develop, process and manage venue rental contracts, terms and conditions
- Works closely with the Innovation Office, Marketing and Communications to manage the innovation showcase within the CABHI space, including the content and security of solutions on display within the showcase
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Diploma in Office Administration – Executive/Governance or recognized equivalent
- Certified Special Event Professional, Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) from the Convention Industry Council (CIC), or recognized equivalent an asset
- Minimum five (5) years related experience in a senior administrative position
- Substantial experience with event coordination with a proven track record of performance
- Previous experience in a non-profit organization, particularly a complex health care facility, long-term care facility, medical or research innovation centre an asset
- Excellent computer and keyboarding skills including a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office, in particular Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, tactfully and persuasively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Good event management skills
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions as permissible
- Ability to thrive in fast paced innovative environment
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
It is preferred for applicants to apply online. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Internal Expiry Date: January 26, 2018
Posting # 17-0580
Please visit www.baycrest.org to apply online
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type