General Manager, Residential Living
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Baycrest has an opportunity for a
GENERAL MANAGER, RESIDENTIAL LIVING
Full Time, Non-Union
Under the direction of the Executive Vice President of Residential & Community Programs, the General Manager oversees and directs the overall operation of residential properties and a community centre for older adults. This role is also a key contributor to developing comprehensive business plans that execute on the growth and expansion of our residential offerings and will be responsible for meeting financial, occupancy, and service objectives in accordance with Baycrest’s mission, vision and values and the annual operating plan.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversees, participates in, and contributes to all aspects of the service and quality experience at Baycrest Terraces and the Reuben Cipin Healthy Living Community
- Provides day-to-day oversight of the current redevelopment/ renovation of the Terraces
- Oversees the day-to-day operation and growth of the Wagman Centre, a community centre for seniors
- Co-leader of a marketing rebranding initiative
- Responsible for achieving occupancy goals and revenue targets
- Ensures the needs of residents are assessed on move-in and throughout occupancy and assists in making recommendations to residents, families or staff to promote maximum resident independence and to ensure a smooth transition to the various available services, or to alternate accommodations if required
- Ensures orientation programs for new residents are conducted
- Oversees all contracted services to ensure exceptional service and value are achieved
- Ensures appropriate admission, transfer and discharge of residents
- Develops and maintains positive public relations with residents, their families and the community
- Ensures provision of high quality resident services and effective fiscal performance of all functions through participative leadership and adherence to established performance and service standards
- Assists in preparing operating and capital budget and implements controls for effective use of resources within approved budget
- Recommends changes in administrative policies and standard operating procedures to carry out the objectives of the business plans.
- Ensures the residences are in compliance with all governmental legislation and corporate policies and procedures, including all aspects of health and safety; reviews, responds, and acts on, where necessary, all reports of inspection authorities
- Hires, trains, and supervises all department managers and conducts regular staff meetings
- Develops appropriate departmental objectives for the residence with the assistance of the management staff
- Ensures appropriate marketing, advertising and public relations plans and activities are coordinated in order to maintain a positive image in the community
- Actively develops team members
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Degree or diploma in health care administration/long-term care or hotel management
- Proven work record in the hospitality or retirement industry (minimum 5 years)
- Knowledge and understanding of the budget process, profit and loss statements and control of expenses and costs
- The ideal candidate will have experience with growing a similar business, oversight of multiple retirement home locations, have an entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to travel or relocate
- Working knowledge of the Retirement Home Act 2010
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: August 28, 2018
Posting # 18-0375
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type