Director, Clinical Innovation, Baycrest@Home
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Baycrest has an opportunity for a
DIRECTOR, CLINICAL INNOVATION, BAYCREST@HOME
Full Time, Non-Union
The Director of Clinical Innovation is an exciting new leadership role, providing clinical leadership and strategic direction for the development of new products and services that support older adults to age well at home. The Director will be a key member of a small start-up team working to develop and deploy “Baycrest@Home” – a new product which levers emerging technologies and new clinical care models to transform how elder care is delivered in Ontario and beyond. The role will be responsible for guiding the success of the product and will lead the development of the strategy, roadmap, business plan and feature definition of Baycrest@Home.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works with a small team of technology and business peers and will interact with executives, clinicians, funders, partnered companies, regional health administrators, contracted consultants, clients and their families
- Maps customer requirements and provider capabilities into novel services initiatives
- Develops a multi-year business plan for Baycrest@Home
- Leads literature and stakeholder research and consults with clinical, technology and business partners
- Analyzes Baycrest’s wide portfolio of virtual care solutions and creates organizational structures and processes to organize and coordinate them more effectively
- Identifies potential scalability and broad impact
- Translates plans into innovative solutions
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- A graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in a clinical discipline, health system administration, health innovation or a related field
- 5 – 7 years working in the public or private sector as a life-science product director/manager, clinical services director/manager or similar role
- Evidence of experience in decomposing complex clinical delivery problems into iterative solutions that allow for incremental advancement through testing early assumptions
- Direct experience in documenting and prioritizing features while balancing business impact, user needs and technical feasibility
- Experience in team leadership for ideation and the generation of prototypes and proof-of-concept products/services
- Experience in setting and measuring outcomes and using findings to refine products/services/ procedures
- Balancing and prioritizing demands, responding to immediate issues with achieving long term goals
- First-hand experience working across interdisciplinary teams and stakeholders, interfacing effectively with technologists, companies, funders, designers and business people
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: August 28, 2018
Posting # 18-0373
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type