Analyst, Innovation Office
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Centre for Aging & Brain Health Innovation at Baycrest has an opportunity for an
ANALYST, INNOVATION OFFICE, FULL TIME
1 YEAR CONTRACT, 70 HOURS BI-WEEKLY, NON-UNION
The Centre for Aging & Brain Health innovation is a solution accelerator focused on driving innovation in the aging and brain health sector. Established in 2015 through funding of $124 million (CAD), it is the result of the largest investment in brain health and aging in Canadian history, and one of the largest investments of its kind in the world.
The Analyst, Innovation Office (IO) will report to the Senior Manager, Innovation Office and will play a key role in ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the IO’s program operations. This position will work as part of the Innovation Office (IO) team, which oversees CABHI’s funding programs, monitors sponsored projects and delivers development services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages and maintains the Project Selection phase, including but not limited to: reviewer recruitment, orientation and support, scoring analysis, creating and updating of recruitment forms and materials, scoring criteria and program performance reporting.
- Monitors and controls the Program Management Lifecycle, including but not limited to: tracking timelines, identifying risks and recommending appropriate action, managing and archiving materials and outcomes
- Monitors and triages applicant requests to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner, communicating program results and updates to applicants
- Provides analytical support, especially where the process/problem being investigated is complex or ambiguous in nature
- Approaches problems proactively and recommending thorough and practical solutions to a wide range of complex problems
- Creates project deliverables (e.g., project charters and program schedules) and coordinates the collection of project report data, conducting environmental scans, and gathering background material
- Assists with IO’s oversight and monitoring of funded projects
- Provide support and oversight to CABHI funded projects from inception to project closeout as assigned by the Senior Manager, Innovation Office
- Responds to stakeholder requests for information and coordinates meetings
- Coordinates the display of CABHI-sponsored innovations in its office space
- Assists with activities that promote a culture of innovation in the seniors care sector
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- University degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Management, Innovation & Entrepreneurship or equivalent required
- Sound knowledge of analysis, problem solving and structured approaches to identifying solutions
- Analysis, preparation and presentation of structured project data
- Excellent judgment in setting priorities, identifying issues and determining action required; adept at balancing major concurrent tasks
- Experience in managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders; demonstrates strong client-facing skills
- Good MS Office Suite skills, in particular Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proven ability to respond to a wide variety of issues and deal with unclear situations and conflicting demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: August 1, 2018
Posting # 18-0315
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type