Administrative / Clerical Support (Future Opportunities)
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Baycrest is seeking outstanding candidates for
ADMINISTRATIVE /CLERICAL SUPPORT
Future Opportunities (Full Time/ Part Time/ Contract positions)
Baycrest provides care and service to approximately 2,000 people a day through a unique continuum of care system, ranging from wellness programs, residential housing and outpatient clinics, to a 472-bed nursing home, and a 300-bed complex continuing care facility with an acute care unit. Baycrest is a world-class leader in innovation in aging, with the acclaimed Rotman Research Institute, considered one of the premier brain institutes in the world, and the Kunin-Lunenfeld Applied and Evaluative Research Unit (‘KLAERU’), which supports clinical research and application of research findings directly to patient care. Most recently, Baycrest was called to lead the The Canadian Centre for Aging and Brain Health Innovation (CC-ABHI): CC-ABHI is a solution accelerator for the aging and brain health sector.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Composing/Editing a variety of business documents with great detail, including memos, reports, proposals and presentations
- Develops and maintains highly-organized electronic and paper file management
- Performs functions that support effective and efficient departmental operations
- Coordinates and provides administrative support to committees
- Coordinates events, as required
- Assists with the preparation of business presentations including text, graphics, charts, tables, PowerPoint slides, posters and overheads
- Provides calendar management
- Performs general administrative duties such as ordering supplies, filing, etc.
- Coordinates travel reservations as necessary
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Post-secondary school diploma in Office Administration or a related field required
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an administrative assistant role
- Excellent coordinating, time management and organization skills
- Strong collaborative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and a great listener
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on tasks without full-time direction
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Typing speed of 55 wpm or higher
- Advanced computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
It is preferred for applicants to apply online. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position. Alternatively, you may also apply in person by submitting your application and resume to Human Resources.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences
are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type