- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Education Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for an
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR, FULL TIME
70 HOURS BI-WEEKLY, NON-UNION
The Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care Program Administrative Coordinator provides coordination and administrative support for this provincial program’s three collaborating organizations, namely: Baycrest Health Sciences, Bruyère and the UW-Schlegel Research Institute for Aging. Reporting to the Manager of the Baycrest Centre for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care, the administrative coordinator is accountable to the three Managers of the collaborating organizations.This role will be responsible for supporting coordinated program activities and facilitating engagement and communication with program stakeholders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports the development and execution of workplans to enable program activities
- Produces accurate, organized documents with consideration to deadlines and in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) as appropriate (e.g., for website).
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and events and provides administrative support such as booking of rooms, securing catering, setting up AV needs, travel arrangements, preparing and distributing handouts and meeting notes, taking meeting minutes and distributing them in follow up.
- Manages content collection, submission and maintenance on the Program website, on social media (Twitter, Facebook) and via the Program’s other communication channels, e.g., e-newsletters.
- Manages external vendor relationships with designers, printing companies and other vendors to ensure that the Program has materials on time and within budget.
- Updates the budget and looks for places for potential savings or generating more revenue.
- Drafts, edits and coordinates financials (e.g., invoices, expenses), legal (e.g., space rental agreements) and contract (e.g., event management vendors) submissions.
- Collects data and drafts and produces reports
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Diploma in Office Administration – General (i.e. Seneca College) or recognized equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years related experience.
- Substantial experience and a proven track record of delivering continuous improvement
- Three years related administrative support experience is required, preferably in a not-for-profit or agency setting.
- Experience working in the long-term care sector or health care, asset.
- Project coordination and budgeting – invoicing, etc.
- Management of multiple calendars/schedules
- Managing multiple priorities/daily multi-tasking under the direction of multiple managers
- Managing and maintaining communication content for web, social media and newsletters.
- Experience using online technologies for project and file management and virtual meetings
- Writing, proofreading, editing, minute taking;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft programs; Adobe InDesign an asset
- Ability to effectively engage executives, external stakeholders and the public
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter with strong business curiosity and an intrinsic desire to learn and grow.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: August 30, 2018
Posting # 18-0385
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type